Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Thursday, December 19, 2013

This time of year...

I get asked a lot about how I deal with this time of year and how my family and I celebrate our holidays. 

Winter_Solstice_Mistletoe_300.jpgWe celebrate both Christmas and Winter Solstice in this house. Our tree and decorations cover both holidays. Solstice is more of an immediate family celebration while Christmas is a far bigger event that includes a host of extended family. We don't shirk either holiday and we definitely do not have an issue mixing the two together. 




This is my least favorite time of year but only because of the stress that is put on everyone I know. I enjoy Solstice more only because it's more intimate and meaningful. It's not about who gets the biggest box or the newest version of whatever gaming console came out that year. It's about what Christmas should be about, family, love, and the celebration of the birth of a God. 

I still sing Christmas carols to my boys as well as solstice songs. I try to integrate both holidays together. Since we just moved into our own place we are still creating our own traditions and working out the kinks. It's an ever evolving process, just like our faiths. One tradition we never skip is writing down blessings for friends, family, and ourselves to be burned on Imbolc. It's something we started 2 years ago and thoroughly enjoy.  Since Daddy doesn't work late nights anymore I am really hoping that he will join us this year. 

Speaking of Daddy he went out of town for work recently and came home with a present for me. A beautifully aged set of antlers. Could not be more appropriate considering I will be switching the main altar over at the solstice to honor the rebirth of the God. I was super excited. 

Also, I submitted my article to WildStar Forest Magazine! I'm very excited. If you have any questions that you would like answered by me, please send them to groveofthewildstars@gmail.com!

Well I've been going and going since early this morning. I need to get some rest. I've been sick since my birthday earlier this month. It's been a very rough winter thus far and my lungs are NOT happy with me. 

Brightest Blessings Readers!
      )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!