Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Monday, December 17, 2012

Just around the corner...

Well, it's that time of year again! Solstice and Christmas are just around the corner. Yes, we celebrate both in our house. We don't exchange gifts on Solstice, it's a time for family, giving thanks for the blessings we've received all year, and stories...oh yea, and food. There is always food :D.

I have a very overwhelming love for the holidays. I enjoy Christmas just as much as I do Solstice! We have totally different traditions for each. On Solstice we are very immediate family centered. We have a feast, tell stories, the boys get new pj's and we watch movies together after the Solstice ritual.

On Christmas we celebrate with our extended family. We do brunch and present exchanges with my side. Then we visit with Daddy's family and do a present exchange there. Christmas is when Santa comes for the boys. This year my grandmother asked if we (my parents, brother, and our family) would go to mass with her and Opa. I almost laughed when she asked me to go. Just because she made it sound more like asking my permission to even ask the question. She has an odd way of showing her respect for my religious views. But she tries and that is enough for me.  I'm actually looking forward to it.

I have always enjoyed church services in the Catholic church even though I don't agree with what they are preaching about.  I love the music and the energy vibe that the congregations give off. The one thing I miss is having a group of people who share my beliefs. I have some great friends who support me and are absolutely wonderful. But I would love to have a 'coven' with which I could hold rituals with.

*sigh* The joys of being a solitary practitioner. :)

Anyway, we decorated the house over the past two days. We have almost seamlessly melded both Christmas and Solstice in our home. I will have pics up tomorrow. The lighting wasn't all that great after we finished. Also, I FINALLY got my altar changed from fall to winter.

So, aside from getting gifts finished up, I NEED to write out my Solstice ritual. Last year I modified one written by my friend. This year I'd love to write my own but utilize some of the traditions that I started last year.

I will be busy busy busy for the next 4 days, plus I promised my mom I would go shopping with her tomorrow and also bake cookies this week.

A lot of people let themselves get too stressed around this time of year. Yes, I have tons to do. But I try to remember how much fun each individual thing is and not to stress about the few things that don't get done.

Well... pictures and more insight tomorrow. Sleep now.

Blessed Be
    )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!