Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Monday, December 10, 2012

Misconceptions

Yesterday, I went out shopping with my mother and my aunt. We had a phenomenal time. However, I was shocked more than once by people, including my mother. We went to a GIANT craft show and as we perused the booths and wares that were on display my first shock of the day happened.

We were looking through necklaces and the like, beautifully crafted astrological signs, celestial moons and stars, and a handful of Goddess pendants. I didn't even see the Goddess pendants. My MOTHER pointed them out to me. We have a very clear agreement. I don't offer information and she doesn't ask when it comes to my beliefs. So I was very shocked that she even noticed that they were Goddess pendants. It did make me smile that she related the two though.

After about an hour of shopping I stopped at a booth that  had a glass case displaying Egyptian Gods and Goddesses (mainly Isis and Anubis), a smattering of costume jewelry and cameos, and a few circlets. The man behind the case smiled and started chit-chatting with me when he noticed my pentacle. I wear it everyday and I don't hide it. He almost fell over when he saw it. Not because I, being this big bad evil witch, was there in front of him. But because I wasn't 'in hiding' as he put it. Then, of course, he assumed I was a Wiccan (not that I have anything against Wiccans, I am just not one and I am tired of people hearing that I am not Christian and just assume I'm a Wiccan.).

I ended up schooling him for about half an hour about different types of pagans and witchcraft on a whole. It made me quite glad that I am well versed in world religions.

But those two encounters alone made me wonder what other people think when they see my pentacles or here that I am a pagan. I know I have, more than once, shocked/startled/terrified people when I inform them of my witchy activities :) It's taken some explaining, and occasionally some teaching, once I reveal how I live my life. We currently have a friend who STILL won't come over anymore.

I had one woman tell me, as she sat in MY living room, that she couldn't "believe someone who seemed so normal could be into THAT sort of thing". After I collected my jaw from the carpet I explained to her how practicing witchcraft was the same for me as her going to church everyday.

Most people think witchcraft and immediately jump to the thought of cloaks, pointy hats, and cauldrons. I'm not going to lie... I do have a cloak. More of my spells are performed at my kitchen counter in a space of 5 minutes than not. I usually only cast circles and do major spell casting or rituals during sabbats. Even then... it's iffy. I have 2 kids and run a household, I get busy. I do visit my altar almost everyday to light candles, ask for guidance, and offer my thanks to the Gods and Goddesses. Also... if you drop by unexpectedly; you may just find me sitting at my kitchen table, while the baby is napping, just staring at a flame. I happen to be fire scrying. Go sit in the living room and wait for me to finish.

Other than that... I go about my daily chores: cooking, cleaning, laundry, cleaning, baking, cleaning, and oh yea, did I mention cleaning? 3 boys (Daddy is TOTALLY included in here), 2 cats, 1 giant dog, and 2 turtles... the house is a little hectic. But we love every minute of it.

I live my truths everyday. I love every minute of the life that Daddy and I have built together. My kids are growing up healthy and happy... that is really all I can ask for out of my life.

Blessed Be my friends!
     )O(


Oh yea... almost forgot, Chubs is crawling now and pulling himself up on the furniture! It all happened in 2 days! I'm a sad momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!