Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ground and Shielding

I have been busy, busy, busy lately!!

And I am NOT complaining!

I love being busy. Although lately I'm busy because of my inability to put down an amazing book! Although, in my case its more like a series. I began reading the Lords of the Underworld series earlier this week and haven't been able to put it down. I've consumed 5 books this week alone :)

On the flip side of my laziness, I've done so much spell casting earlier this week that I have felt like my energy for the month has been sucked out of me.

Which brings me to today's topic of discussion... how to avoid energy drain and is it possible? Personally, I have never been able to avoid it. I will tell you why. Everything I do, I load with my own energy as well as whatever I borrow from the different elements, items, ect.. I find it far more effective. I do, however, ground and shield myself to avoid excessive draining.

Many people (not just spell crafters) can benefit from grounding. I have a very close friend who is extremely empathetic (and Christian) who has benefitted greatly from learning to ground and shield herself. It has helped her to block out the more mundane everyday emotions that surround her and lessens the impact of stronger emotions.

Now I know a few of you may be thinking "I really don't need that". To you, I pose this question... have you ever gone into a store around the holidays while in a great mood. But by the time you leave you are as miserable and grumpy as those around you? That's because we "plug into" the collective consciousness when we enter a group of people. Its the same with the mob-mentality. Granted if the answer is no, you are one of three things... 1. Very connected to your self and emotions 2. Lying or 3. The Dali Lama :)

It is very easy to ground yourself. Sit quietly, for as long as possible. Breathe deep. Imagine your feet turning into tree roots and digging down into the earth. When you feel connected, you my friend, are grounded :). Like I said super simple. My 9 year old does this all the time.

Shielding is slightly harder. By slightly I mean it takes slightly more imagination. How we do it at our house may not work for everyone, so feel free to adapt this to your own needs. After you are grounded, imagine/feel that there is a small orb of light, color depends on you. (I use purple or blue, my son utilizes green because its his favorite and it makes him happy. Others I know use white or gold. Make it hour own.) Envision the orb growing inside you until it pushes it's way outside of your body and surrounds you in warmth and light. Voila... you are shielded. Imagine that it remains in place while you go about your business.

Its a great meditative practice too. This process can take a bit of practice. But once you get it down, it is totally possible to pull your shield out in a single breath.

Well... the baby is demanding mommy time.

Brightest blessings!!
           )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!