Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

June Cleaver made easy

Today was I tested out some home-made-easy tips. I must say they made my life easier! And of course... I just had to share them with all of you :).

First, Daddy wasn't paying attention to what he was doing last night and had a chocolate sauce microwave fiasco. I found out about it this morning... dried chocolate first thing in the morning.... not fun. My Oma told me to pop a mug with1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup white vinegar in the microwave for 7 minutes on high. Just wipe out the microwave with a rag. Took me a total of 7 minutes and 10 seconds start to finish. No chemicals needed!

Second tip I used to day, I found via pinterest, is an amazingly EASY way to clean the ceiling fan. Slide a fan blade into a pillow case. Clamp your hands around the opening and pull off. Repeat until you clean all your fan blades. Shake out the pillow case outside and toss in the wash. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Lastly, when you end up with a few feet of yarn (too small to really do anything) with make yourself a set of squares. You can sew them together to make blankets, place mats, pot holders, or rags. I'm starting a collection of them so I can make a patchwork afgan.

Aside from cleaning I spent a couple hours knitting dish rags today. I love these dish rags! Actually they should be called kitchen cloths. I use them for everything kitchen related and they are bigger than any dish rag I have ever seen. I love knitting. It's very methodical and the counting can clear your mind. It can also make you want to pull out your hair. The end results are almost always worth it though.

The eldest is having a great time in Texas. The baby and I miss him like crazy. Daddy is used to not being home at the same time as our oldest. But I think he secretly misses him too. I can't wait for him to get home. I hate when our family is not together.

Blessed be
       )O(

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely need to remember the microwave and ceiling fan tips! lol I have too many kids here using the microwave to learn to cook (and a 60 year old dad who admits that the microwave tests his cooking abilities at times...).

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!