Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Traveling Companion 3

The third traveling companion you should always take with you is...

An Adjustable Attitude: One that doesn't react, but responds with well-thought-out actions and feelings.

What exactly does that mean? What is the difference between reacting and responding?

To be honest... I'm still working on this one myself. A reaction in this sense is a knee-jerk reaction. Meaning an automatic response without thinking. Responding means that you actually take in what was done/said and process it before lashing out or giving up. 

An example of what I am talking about can be seen during a GOOD debate. Not one that turns into a screaming match. While debating you see how the person responds and adjust how you approach the topic as to not incite anger, but intelligent discussion. 

How can that be used successfully in the course of your journey? It has a lot to do with being open minded and accepting of others choices as well. You can NOT change another person, you must accept them as they are. You can, however, change your own point of view and how you approach them. 

I am not, by any means, saying to let someone walk all over you or change yourself to fit their expectations for you. I'm just saying you can change how you approach the subject/person. If silently taking their angry words helps them to calm down, be quiet. If you have someone who can not express their feelings out loud, trying writing to one another instead of yelling. 

Try it in your life... really look at yourself and how you react to situations and see if there is not a better way to handle yourself. You'd be surprised, if you are honest with yourself, how you can find ways to make yourself better by just adjusting certain ways you react.

I'd like to take a second to thank the writer and followers of Patheos for putting my blog into one of their articles. I am humbled and overjoyed to be apart of your site in any way. 

Brightest Blessings!!
     )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!