Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Traveling Companion #5

Before I get into the newest traveling companion...

Wow, I've been scrubbing the entire house down, top to bottom. Reorganizing, throwing out, and cleaning nooks and crannies. It feels so good to go room to room and just dismantle the whole thing and get it sparkling. It's actually something I do twice a year.


This year however, rather than do the whole house in one or two days, like I normally do, I divided the house into a 5 day plan. I'm so excited that once I am finished I'm going to smudge, bless, and cleanse the whole place!! Fill it with magick and put up new wards on the property, and all. After all we've went through this summer, it is time to make this house ours again. 



Now... on to the next traveling companion. 

The fifth companion is probably my favorite of all of the Traveling Companions.

EXCITEMENT!

The ability to learn, enjoy, and experience new things!

Now, being a mom myself, I understand that it is very hard to wake up every morning and embrace excitement when our days are filled with routines, stress, and a stagnant mind set. However, embrace it we should!

The ability to find the joy, fun, and newness in the mundane can be very hard. I have a quick little exercise that can help with that though. It only takes 5 minutes!

Sit down with a pen and piece of paper (or a notebook if you are me). Make a list of EVERYTHING that excites you. Don't worry about how far fetched it may seem. Just write it down. Now, pick ONE and only one. Find a way to bring that one thing into your everyday life.

Here is an example. I have an affinity for the universe. Obviously, space travel is not an option...yet. Instead of jumping in a rocket ship and heading for the nearest nebula, I can bring the nebula to me through art work I find (or create myself or with my kids). If I'm really enthused about it, I can find a book that sparks my excitement and curiosity. 

Try it and see what you find out about yourself. It can be exciting just to learn more about your own inner workings. Share you list with The Grove. You never know who may share the same interest with you. They may have a new idea or concept you may not have thought of or vice versa.

Have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!