Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fights, Struggles, and Conundrums

I've been re-reading a lot of my posts lately and if you don't know me and just take my blog as a representation of my entire life, it kind of sounds like I'm a real-life June Cleaver. Well, I'm here to dispel that fantasy. There are many trials and tribulations that I go through on almost a daily basis. Not all of them, but a good amount.

Fights...

Between me and my kids. Yup, it happens. I'm a homeschooling mother. I hear, everyday, how stupid a subject is, how dumb an assignment is, and why there is no point to learning something. Oh yea... it happens all the time! Why chores are dumb.... you name it. There are daily disputes. 

The two year old is slightly simpler in demands. More cookies, more toys, no naps, ect. Simpler arguments, far more stubborn, and just as irritating! There are days I truly feel like just pulling out my hair or hiding in the closet because it becomes overwhelming. 

It's not just me, I know tons of stay at home moms who experience the same thing. I get asked all the time how I handle it, how I deal. There are days, I have a real hard time. But when it really comes down to it, I'd much rather deal with the arguing and tears (sometimes my own) than be anywhere else. Being a mom is NOT easy. But it is the most rewarding thing in the world.

Between my husband and I. Oh yea, we have our fights too. They aren't very often, nor do they last long. We have an agreement to never go to bed angry. We work things out before taking it to bed. But we do NOT agree on everything all the time. Think about it, you couldn't live with your best friend everyday without getting into a fight. It doesn't mean we have an unhealthy relationship. We don't scream at each other (usually). We do not resort to name calling or low blows. Together we have worked out the best way for us to communicate even when we are having some of the worst fights. I know where his limits are, and he knows mine. At the end of the day it comes down to something very simple, we would rather fight it out together than be apart. 



Struggles...

On the daily...
I have an autoimmune disease that I fight daily and a mental disorder that I refuse to let define me. Everyday can be a struggle, between getting out of bed, the pain I go through, and functioning like a normal adult. It's difficult. But I refuse to give up or give in. I have a wonderful support system that helps me deal, cope, and helps heal me when I need it. 

Money...
Yea, we have to be strict with our budget and sometimes have to go without the things we really want but don't need. It can be a juggling act at times. But we do our best and get by the best we can. I recently went back to work to so hopefully that helps us out a bit. 


Conundrums...

There are always little things that come up that we don't always have an answer too. Sometimes, we just don't have all the answers. And that is OK too. We work it out the best we can, whether the outcome is good, bad, or ugly, but always as a family. 

We are NOT the perfect family, I lose my cool, our kids don't always listen, and Daddy can lose his temper. But at the end of the day, everyone knows they are loved. That is good enough for us. 


Brightest Blessings
        )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!