Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

On to a new adventure!

No... I'm not closing down my blog! But I am adding a new aspect to my journey.

I've struggled with weight and body issues my ENTIRE life. I decided at a very young age (8) that I was going to be a ballerina. Have you ever seen a chunky ballerina? No. So I began dieting and that quickly spiraled out of control and into anorexia and a host of self esteem issues that I still can not get over to this day.

A few years ago I had FINALLY gotten down to what I considered a decent size. I wore a 6. I had lost over 90 pounds and everyone said how great I looked. I looked in the mirror and still saw where I could stand to lose at least 30 more... but hey, I was better than what I was.

Well, I am well over where I once was... again. And I am very unhappy about it. So I got off my butt and started doing something about it. With my health issues I need to be careful how much exercise I pack into one day. And even then, I can't always guarantee that I can work out every day. But it's a start. We rarely keep junk food in the house, which is fantastic for me. So I am going to start a whole new section to the blog.

This new section will contain tips, tricks, music, motivation, recipes, and workout schedules as well as my progress. I won't stop adding to the kitchen witchin' page because... I love good food and still have a family to feed. Don't think that the recipes on the new page will be gross though. If it tastes nasty... it won't make the list!

I've decided this is not about getting skinny (although it would be a nice by-product) I just want to be healthier! And before you start thinking, well you've done it once, it shouldn't be too hard to do it again. Believe me, I've thought it already. True, I had lost 90 pounds before. It was far from healthy though. I simply stopped eating for weeks at a time. I'd eat maybe once or twice a month. I survived on water, coffee, and LOTS of vitamins. I may have looked good, but my health was far worse than it has ever been.

I'm determined to make this a lifestyle change. Not just a weight loss goal. I refuse to label this as dieting or losing weight. It's not about either of those things. I NEED to get healthy. Not just physically either. There is going to be a major thought process change here too. I am horrible at taking a compliment. In my head, there is always a reason to shoot it down. It's very hard for me to just say thank you. And I almost never believe Daddy when he tells me I'm beautiful or whatnot. I'm probably the most insecure person you've ever met :/ But I put on a good show.

So yea... there is a huge change that needs to be addressed here in my life. I've "mastered" the spiritual aspect of my health... now on to mind and body!

Here's to health... Mind, body, and soul!

Brightest Blessings
      )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!