Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Friday, November 2, 2012

What makes a home?

This question has crossed my mind many many times since I was young. The answer here is unfathomably varying depended on who you and your family are! There is the ever encompassing answer of love. And yes, that is true to a point. But if you walk into an empty white room with nothing but love... it still feels empty.

My answer to this question isn't nice things... almost everything in our current home is hand-me-down and heirloom (which is a really nice way of saying REALLY OLD hand-me-down! :) ). For our family... home is not home without pets! We have a small petting zoo going on in our little 2 bedroom house. Update on Moon Baby and Dexter... they are very well adjusted. Moon terrorizes the dog at every chance and Dexter has become besties with the baby. The baby pokes at him, pulls his fur, and tries to eat his tail and Dexter just snuggles closer and lets him. Daddy has currently decided that we NEED another pet... I am pulling for a goat!

Also... it's not home if you can't laugh till you cry. I am SURROUNDED by testosterone. I have learned that farts are hilarious. Watching my boys walking around trying to out fart each other is outright funny! Wearing underwear on your head?? Daily occurrence.

It's not home if you can't argue and yell. Probably not the best way to handle arguments... but we are far from perfect and yes we get into fights. At the end of the day though... there is ALWAYS forgiveness and love. No argument outweighs hugs and kisses goodnight. That goes for Mom and Dad too. There is no going to bed angry. It's not worth it and just makes for a tense following day.

House plants! I never saw the point in having them when I lived at my parents house. They always seemed like a waste of space to me. Not too mention that I kind of have a black thumb (but I'm getting better!) We had lived here for over a year and all the while I kept feeling like something was missing. I couldn't put my finger on it. One day I was reading about magickal properties of house plants in Cottage Witchery and it dawned on me that plants were absent in our home. I was shell-shocked for a moment just because having plants had never seemed important. Needless to say, I went out and purchased us some plants. All of which are still thriving to this day! A huge accomplishment for me.

TOLERANCE and ACCEPTANCE!! And this goes for ALL aspects of our lives. Not just religiously. We are a family of geeks, nerds, and dorks! And we LOOOVE every minute of it. Our interests are extremely varied and we learn from each other. We are gamers. We play cards and card games such as Magic the gathering. I study history and religions on an almost daily basis. Not too mention how much I love cleaning house. Sadly... there was no sarcasm in that statement! The oldest is big into video games and legos. We play board games. Daddy and I love to travel too. We are planning a family trip next spring.

I am learning more and more everyday on what makes a home. It's an ever-evolving concept in my mind. What makes your house/room/apartment/cave/condo/trailer/box a home?

Think about it for a bit!

Blessed Be!!
    )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!