Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Open Doors

Today has been a go go go type of day since about 6:30 this morning. Not surprised though... this whole week has been like that. Between moving furniture, rearranging our basement, and cleaning out our garage my week has been stuffed full of things to do. Today was no exception.

I spent my day cleaning and doing laundry, and I'm no where near finished yet. I still have to clear out the negative energy that is lingering in the corners. Also, I'm going to have the eldest follow behind me and stir up some lazy energy and get it moving around here. We all need a bit of a pick me up.

But I really don't feel like boring you all to death with my cleaning routines. I do want to discuss opening doors. I mean it in the most literal of senses too. I just had a visitor. The same visitor who comes to see me every week on Wednesday at 1 o'clock-ish. We'll call her Jane (unless I ask permission, I don't like using real names except for my own). Jane has become a very good friend of mine. She is also a Jehovah's Witness.

I met her through her husband because one day I simply opened the door. It never costs anything to be friendly! I've met almost their entire family. I must say they are some of the sweetest people I have met in a long time. Jane's husband used to come to our home once every few months. Every time, I answered the door with a smile and openness. Finally, he brought his wife with him. Jane asked at the initial meeting if she could stop by during the week and I've seen her every week since. Today, we sat around, had a cup of tea, and discussed children. Our faiths were brought up briefly.

They know that I am a very tolerant person and listen intently to what they are saying. Today while I was cleaning, I finally understood why I seem to have a patience with Jehovah's Witnesses that most people do not. I live every single moment of my life in my faith. Also, I share my faith, what I've learned, and how my beliefs benefit me here... to all of you wonderful readers! With the richness and fullness my beliefs have brought me, if it so dictated, I would be out there door to door too, sharing what I have learned and experienced on a daily basis! I can't fault someone else for feeling the same connection with their God as I do mine.

I respect religions, of all shapes and colors! And if someone has the guts to get out there and share what they believe, who am I to turn them away?! I do not preach my faith/beliefs. I do preach tolerance! These people go out of their way to share something they truly believe in. Take a moment and open the door.



You never know who is going to be on the other side. Perhaps you end up with a life long friend like Jane. You may find a bible thumper who is confident that you are going to hell. But you never know unless you open the door. Take the risk... it's worth it. And remember that respect and a smile goes a long way.

Blessed Be!
     )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!