Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Monday, July 23, 2012

I am the witch back from the dead...

Or at least that is what it feels like. I feel like I have been in a wakeful slumber for the past 10+ months. Spiritually, I feel as though I have reawakened into a whole new era! Mentally, I feel as though a fog has lifted. Physically, well let's just say that it's nice to not have to share my body with another human being :) (Love my children, HATE my pregnancies). Emotionally, I'm still a work in progress.

The Goddess was present throughout my entire pregnancy. I asked her for guidance far more than I probably should have. She was my constant companion. I felt as though she understood and consoled me when I was in tears and in pain. She rejoiced with me when we celebrated his birth! I have never felt so strongly that her presence was with me. The moon's existence became more than a beautiful sight in the night sky and instead became a nightly reminder and reassurance of my beliefs.

It's been very hectic and I have been super busy since the baby's birth. I have yet to introduce the baby to the Goddess formally. I will share the ritual on the ritual page when I finally write it out. I want my older son to be present as well. He always amazes me with his interest in my faith. I am so proud of him when he begins to question things like religion. If nothing else, I hope that I teach my children to question everything and not just accept something because everyone else does. It makes for a difficult child, but a well informed adult. Mindless acceptance is the bane of my existence!

A few weeks after the baby was born I got into a fight with MY grandmother about baptizing the baby. She is a very devote Catholic. Her argument was "I know you don't believe in it, but don't you want him to be taken care of?" I simple looked at her dumbfounded. If I don't believe in a baptism or Christianity, WHY would I baptize/dedicate my child into a faith that I'm not a part of? I mean if he grows up and decides to be a Christian, I will support him as I would my older son. Not too mention that I don't believe that ANY GOD from any religion would turn away a baby/child because they aren't baptized, that is something only a human would do. Ugh... some people just don't get it.

Now, I pose a question to my readers... Even if your child would not remember the baptism and you didn't raise them in that faith, would you baptize them just to make a family member happy? (and by family member I do NOT mean spouse)

Well... I leave you all to ponder that for a bit. All I ask is that you think about it before you answer. I've contemplated it for a few weeks now and still believe that my stance on things is the correct one. But I would like to know the opinions of my readers. If you wish to remain anonymous feel free to e-mail me. I won't out you for reading a pagan blog. I promise :) MommaZen@live.com

Blessed Be to all!!
)0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!