Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm sooo sorry...

I know it has been a very long time since I have posted last. I am still doing research for my other page on Sabbats and trying to figure out if I want to break it into sections or just flood y'all with information. I am leaning towards breaking it into sections and giving information based on the upcoming Sabbat.

What has taken me so incredibly long to get to get to all of this is that...well.. I'm pregnant. The lack of energy and sleep, coupled with vicious morning sickness (yea, it's supposed to go away after the first trimester, I'm not one of those lucky ones.), household chores, and still taking care of our boy takes it toll on me and my body. Unfortunately, blogging just doesn't take priority over those other things.

That does not mean I've forgotten all of my loyal readers though. I still try to come up with topics for future posts and information that I think you will find interesting. I hate boring people. That...that doesn't read quite the way it should. Oh, to have voice inflection over the Internet.

Today's topic is going to be (drum roll please) ...... music.

When you come into my house and I'm the one in charge of the music (I do not take any credit whatsoever for my boyfriends taste in music... in my opinion most of it makes my eardrums bleed) you will hear anything from opera to Ted Nugent (Yes, I am listening to him right this moment. Fred Bear is one of my all time favorite songs!) to some of my favorite pagan artists. One of my new favorites is Lindie Lila! Check her out if you've never heard her before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Y73oMcS7w&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL88517E2B39ED2676. She is a new favorite of mine, a very close friend recommended her. I was NOT disappointed at all!! I have to admit, I usually listen to her when blogging. She helps me focus.

I strongly believe that music is intertwined into our souls. Most songs, at least for me, always provoke some kind of emotion. Whether it be a blanket emotion like happiness or excitement; or something stronger that provokes an intense feeling associated with a memory. Music has the power to make us laugh, cry, or dance in the woods naked! It is an essential part of all my rituals.

It's no wonder that almost if not all religions use music in their worship. What better way to honor and feel close to the Gods then through song. I have known a few people who did not listen to music, my best friend being one of them. Those few turned out to be either atheist or later on agnostic. I wonder if there is a correlation there. Maybe someone should do a study.

I know this post is much shorter than my usuals, but I do have housework that needs to be done. And I prefer to get it finished before the little man gets home from school.


~Blessed Be My Friends~
         )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!