Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Incorporation

I was asked a profound question today by a member of the circle I belong to, "How do I incorporate the path into my daily life?". Now that question should be easily answered but it made me sit back, think, and eventually I not only incorporate the Goddess into my daily life, but she is present in almost everything I do.

The easiest way to see her presence in my life is when my son and I have serious discussions about religion. Now, I am not prejudice in discussing religion. I cover all the Gods and Goddesses I have studied over the years. And believe me, there have been enough to fill an encyclopedia. Though I know I am in no way an expert. I believe that the God and Goddess encourage knowledge.

Another way is in prayer. This, however, is what sparked a deeper sense of meaning to me. As I grew up, as I have stated before I had a Christian upbringing, I prayed to God every night when I went to bed like  a good little girl. And that was the extent of my relationship with that God. A bedtime prayer and sometimes a grace before our dinner. With my Goddess, I speak with her at anytime I feel so inclined. Which just happens to be all the time. I never feel obligated or pressured. And it's never really a prayer either. I feel as though she is there listening, guiding, and enjoying our connection. Something I have never experienced before. I offer her my prayers when I am casting or doing rituals. But on a daily basis it's more like I am speaking to a sister or mother. I have a deeper connection with the Goddess than I ever thought possible. I feel her with me when I do dishes, garden, or clean my home. That connection is what reminds me that everything is sacred and deserves to be celebrated, life, death, and the mundane.

I live a much happier existence since I have come out as one of her children. It's like a part of me was still sleeping. When I acknowledged her and our connection, I woke up. It has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life time. I have always enjoyed casting and doing rituals, but now... being able to practice in the cool night air, under the moon/new moon it is beyond anything I can put into words. Even more, having my son by my side for some of my rituals and being able to discuss my beliefs openly have had a very profound impact on my practice and beliefs. Everything about 'me' seems to have been strengthened.

Also, something that may seem trivial to some, I wear my pentagram/pentacle with pride. Even around my outside family. Before, I kept it with me in my purse or jean pocket so as not to offend anyone. I am done hiding who I am. So, I proudly display that, yes, I am a dirt worshipping pagan and dammit I am proud!

Well, this witch has company today, so I must cut this post short. I am sure I will post more on this topic another day.

~Blessed Be~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!