Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Who's in your community?

I have recently found myself in the welcoming arms of the pagan community. For a long time I was a solitary witch. I spent a lot of energy hiding my craft, practices, and beliefs from everyone around me. It wasn't until a few months ago that I even had the courage to step out and say 'This is me!'.

The turn around in my openness came from being able to surround myself with people who think and live similarly to me. I belong to a few online pagan communities, have supportive friends online, and have found friends that live near me who also practice.

Now as I stated before, I was a solitary witch for quite sometime. There are many aspects of being solitary that I thoroughly enjoyed. I loved the ability to be free to practice when- and how- ever I so chose to. Not having to work on someone else's schedule or time frame was amazing. I have always enjoyed research and studying (my teacher's may say otherwise though). I rarely came across a topic that I didn't find absolutely fascinating. I did miss not having someone to share my knowledge with. I also wished that I was able to ask others for opinions and have them share their knowledge with me.

I have been invited into two different circles (I wouldn't call either a coven exactly) as of late. One, unfortunately, was not the right fit for me. The women who invited me still make an effort to keep me included in their community, I just do not practice with them. The other... it just felt right from the very beginning. We span a few states so practicing is still somewhat solitary, but it's nice to know that their are others out there who are working towards the same end product as me. We share our knowledge freely and openly, which coming from my background, is awesome!

Being a part of a community, or a few in my case, has helped me to express my faith and beliefs in a way I never thought possible. Not only have my online/offline communities helped me to connect to other pagans but they have showed me that I am not alone! I have kind of become a freedom of religion activist. I do not only support my own faith, but that of those who surround me. I have found that pagans, on a whole, are far more accepting of others than others are of us. And when I start to feel picked on and alone, I simply turn to those around me who have dealt with the same thing.

A very valuable source I have found, believe it or not, is Facebook! I have connected with pagans across the nation/world. Some have become very close friends of mine, offering me inspiration and encouragement whenever I need it. As well as advice and support when I am in desperate need. Most of my loyal readers are Facebookers as well!

Being a part of a community, whether it be online or in your own backyard, can be very beneficial to your practice and faith. I do suggest that you find a community that suits you and feels right. Never feel pressured or uncomfortable when joining one. If you do, I suggest you RUN in the other direction. Trust your instincts and surround yourself with people you WANT to be surrounded by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!