Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Friday, August 24, 2012

Book Worms!

I realize the past few days I had been slacking on writing new posts. I'd like to say I've been really busy, but truth is... I needed a technological break! At the beginning of the week so much of my energy had been leeched out of me that I needed to take a few days to recharge. I spent a lot of hours outside soaking up as much of the universes energy as I could. One day I even took a 2 hour nap outside under our giant maple with the baby and the dog. The recharge felt amazing!! It also allowed for me to really get into my new book! (I had just ordered 3) Today, I have decided to review the new books that I bought. As I finish each one I will let you all know what I thought of them and whether or not I recommend them!

Without further adieu...

As I said, I recently finished the book, Cottage Witchery by Ellen Dugan. I have to say it was one of the most fast paced, well written "spell" books I have read! The book is focused on hearth and home magick. It is chocked full of real life stories from her own life. Ms. Dugan jumps right in to the home and hearth spells within the first few pages, starting with the blessing of the heart of the home. Her writing style is very down to earth and friendly. It's more like you are sitting down and chatting with a friend than actually reading.



Within a day of starting the book I ended up using 5 of her spells, enchantments, and charms. With a slight tweaking here and there. Her spells are definitely geared towards Wiccans who practice The Craft. But she encourages you to make the spells your own.

This amazing book also offers the reader worksheets and a household journal to help you organize your magickal items that you have in your home, yard, and neighborhood already. I'm a big lister and journaler (obviously) so this was a HUGE selling point for me.

Her spells (for the most part) are quick and easy. Perfect for those of us who don't have time to cast full circles, need to get dinner on the table, and have children running around the house, and a baby that needs to be fed! Both Ellen and I encourage people to adapt her spells as well as write their own to increase the spell's potency. But it really nice to have a jumping off point or a reference.

I HIGHLY recommend this book to beginners (who already have a working knowledge of casting) and veteran casters alike. I cannot wait to acquire a few more of the books Ellen Dugan has written.

Next book on the reading list is Circle Round by Starhawk, Anne Hill, and Diane Baker!



Brightest Blessings!!
     )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!