Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Smudges and blessings

Today was a phenomenal day, for the most part. It hit a little snafu, but I will get into that a little later.

The start of my day began with a visit from my brother, his girlfriend, and their very handsome pit bull! We spent a decent chunk of time letting the dogs play in the backyard and soaked up so good vibes from the sun!


After they departed, I got down to it and scrubbed my house clean from top to bottom, stem to stern! There is nothing as instantly gratifying as sweeping away all the bad energy, negative vibes, and of course that pesky animal fur that collects EVERYWHERE!

Once the house was physically clean, I took a quick break to clean myself! Boy, did that shower feel wonderful!

Here is where my day went slightly haywire... My eldest came home from spending the week with his dad in Florida. He had a great time. But man was he out of sorts! He was overtired, hungry, and just an all around intolerable person to be around. We went out to dinner with my grandparents (bad idea). When we got home, he was relegated to his room so that he could calm down. He and the baby ended up taking naps at the same time.

I took that time to smudge the entire house! Including my children (who were still sleeping), the dog, and both the kittens. I also cleaned the nightmares from my eldest's dream catchers as well. I love the smell of white sage. All that is left is to smudge Daddy when he comes home.

I recently bought 2 new white sage smudge sticks and a Abalone shell (that is bigger than the baby's head! :D )

 This is my new smudge set! (I also have a feather that is not pictured here.) The smaller shell and mini smudge stick were bonuses! I gifted them to my eldest so that he can smudge his room when he feels the need.


This is the stand that the large Abalone shell sits on. It's gorgeous! I love the setup. I keep all setup on my dresser as a sort of mini altar. I'm still in the process of setting up my new altar.



After I smudged my entire home, including the basement, I blessed the heart of my home (which for me is the kitchen). I will enter that ritual on the ritual page tomorrow. 

Afterwards, I could just feel the positive energy flowing through my home. To keep the negative energies, and other unwanted's, out of the house I salted all the entryways into our home. I've never smudged daily, but with the coming school year and all the stress that brings, I may start smudging daily. At least for the time being.

Well, The Hunger Games are on and my eldest is bugging for me to curl up on the bed and watch it with him... so it is time for me to head to bed.

Blessed Dreams my friends!
        )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!