Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Candle Magick

I was recently asked for some help casting spells and using candle magick. I gave her some books on the subject that had been recommended to me. If you are interested, you can email me and I will pass the list along to you. (Mommazen@live.com) Although, I may be making a reference page soon and listing books that I have in my collection and recommendations from other pagans as well.

Anyway... I wanted to give a list of candle colors and what they can be used for. Certain rituals call for certain colors, depending on what emotion or goal you are trying to reach. In my personal opinion, I have always used color based on the connection I feel with that color. If I am missing the desired color, I usually go with white. There are two reasons for that. The first of which being that white represents the Goddess to me and a clean slate. Secondly, the color white is the combination of ALL color. So obviously, the color I need is in there somewhere.




Here is the list:

* White *
The Goddess
Higher Self
Purity
Peace
Virginity
(substitutes any other color)

* Black *
Binding
Shapeshifting
Protection
Repels Negativity

*Brown*
Special Favors
To Influence Friendships
 
* Silver *
The Goddess
Astral energy
Female energy
Telepathy
Clairvoyance
Intuition
Dreams
 
* Purple *
Third Eye
Psychic Ability
Hidden Knowledge
To Influence People in High Places
Spiritual Power
 
* Blue *
Element of Water
Wisdom
Protection
Calm
Good Fortune
Opening Blocked Communication
Spiritual Inspiration
 
*Green *
The Element of Earth
Physical Healing
Monetary success
Mother Earth
Tree and Plant Magic
Growth
Personal Goals
 
* Pink *
Affection
Romance
Affection
Caring
Nurturing
Planetary Good Will
 
* Red *
Element of Fire (this happens to be my element)
Passion
Strength
Fast action
Career Goals
Lust
Driving Force
Survival
Blood of the Moon
 

* Orange *
General Success
Property Deals
Legal matters
Justice
Selling

* Copper *
Professional Growth
Business Fertility
Career Maneuvers
Passion
Money Goals

* Gold *
The God
Promote Winning
Power of the Male
Happiness
 
* Yellow *
The Element of Air
Intelligence
The Sun
Memory
Logical Imagination
To Accelerate Learning
To Break Mental Blocks

When I work with candle magick I like to anoint my candles with an oil, either one used in the ritual itself, one that corresponds with the candle color (I  may add a list of commonly used oils at a later date), or one that sparks a memory related to what I am trying to achieve. I also use this when I am sending energy to a friend or into a given situation for a desired outcome.

**Now, once again, I feel I need to remind those who have not read my entire blog... I am NOT Wiccan. But I am a witch and do practice magick. I don't always follow the same rules when casting spells that most Wiccans follow. For the most part, I rarely interfere with others free will. But there have been occasions when I have. I do my best to make sure the spells I cast only influence me or the person who asked me to cast for them. But it doesn't always work that way. I am a firm believer in karma though, so be careful... what goes around will come back at you at least 3 fold! (learned that the hard way)**

I will post a simple candle magick spell that I use to attract positive things into my life on the ritual page. I refrain from posting other spells because I do not support dabbling. It can be dangerous if you don't know what you are really doing. But I believe that this spell anyone can do, despite religious beliefs. If you feel uncomfortable calling it a spell, think of it as more of a positive affirmation! And you can always insert your God's name in place of my reference to the Goddess.

Brightest Blessings and Blessed Be!!
                  )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!