Merry We Meet!!

This is my space to share, rant, rave, and even do a little bragging about my life choices, family, and where each are taking me.

Many people think 'witch' and immediately jump to the conclusion that I am some weirdo who's home smells like stale incense and thinks Mr. Potter is end all be all of magick. I hate to disappoint, but I am as normal as the next person. As much as a person can be normal.

So, please read on. Enjoy my trials and tribulations. Hopefully, you can learn something from the mistakes I make and the good fortunes that come my way.


You can follow me on Instagram @Witchmomma

~Blessed Be~

Brothers

Brothers

My Iron Man!

My Iron Man!
This was just before his 12th birthday. 2015

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Random Rants...

Rant numero uno #

The other day my grandmother came over to drop off a recipe book for me. Totally cool! As we sat there chatting it up for a bit she came around (yet again) to asking me if I was going to baptize our son. *insert head shake here*

Her question was "So have you thought anymore about baptizing the baby?". I answered, ever so politely (even though I really wanted to scream) "I have, and no."

Now, my whole stance on baptism is and always has been, you should only be baptized if YOU decide that is the faith you want to follow. I can see parents dedicating themselves to raising their children in whatever faith they deem worthy. However, I believe it should be your own choice to baptized into the faith.

She continued with "Well, it wasn't long ago that you were taking classes to become a Catholic."

Now to clarify this statement, yes I did go and take adult classes at her church in my journey to find my path. I also took classes and spoke with religious leaders from other religions as well! I didn't feel any kind of connection with any of them! I believe the reason why was because I had already known that I was a witch and I was fighting against my own faith because I wanted to be accepted by my family. A completely idiotic concept! How can you be happy if you deny yourself in the process! I have since come to the realization that if they cannot accept me for who and what I am... they don't need to be a part of my life! This goes for anyone who knows me really.

My refusal to baptize my child does NOT mean that I will raise my boys pagan either. Yes, I do intend to include them in my practices (not my spell casting however. 1. They are way to young and 2. They have no idea what they are doing 3. I don't allow dabbling in my house! 4. I don't want anything set on fire) My children WILL grow up spiritual, I WILL teach them everything I know about other religions. I have studied a vast majority of religions for well over 15 years now. I WILL let them decide their own path. Most importantly, I WILL support and accept them 100% in whatever they chose.

I also told her about an argument that my parent's friend and I got into. He said I should just baptize the baby to make her happy. She looked at me and said "I don't want you to baptize him to make please me at all. That has to be your choice!" My grandmother is very understanding about how I live my life. I don't do ANYTHING just to please someone else at the risk of compromising what I believe or how I feel about something. I refuse to live my life to please others. It's just not in my nature! ( I get it from my father! )

Rant numero dos:

I am so tired of seeing posts about witches and pagans on my facebook feed that have Wiccans defending witches by lumping ALL pagans and witches into Wicca! I'm sorry but NO! I'm not a wiccan, but I AM a witch! Let me just throw this out there...

NOT ALL WITCHES ARE WICCAN AND NOT ALL WICCANS ARE WITCHES!!

We do not all follow the wiccan rede. We do not all believe in the same Lord and Lady! Not all pagans are witches! Not all pagans are Wiccans! Research before you open your damn traps!! You're giving all of us a bad name by your ignorance!

Had to get that out there...

Ok, I do believe that that is that for the rants! I've sufficiently released my anger for the time being!

Have a blessed day!
     )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking!

Popular Posts

Daddy and I

Daddy and I
Ready for our night out!